Have you been looking for a new or used Nissan and are wondering where to start? Whether you’re a new car novice or a proficient vehicle professional, our team at San Leandro Nissan near San Leandro, Oakland, and Alameda, CA, has put together this Vehicle Buyer’s Guide for all to read!
Below, we will detail the steps to take during your unique car-buying journey. We will cover what kind of vehicle is right for you, as well as go over the different financial avenues you can take. Keep reading below to get your journey started.
As your car-shopping adventure starts, you must first start looking at what type of vehicle you’re most interested in. With multiple body styles on the market, it can seem daunting picking the perfect one for you. When deciding, you must consider a few questions, like:
• Do you have a long-distance commute to work?
• Do you plan on adding new bundles of joy to the family?
• Do you own a camper or boat that you want to tow?
• Do you love off-roading?
While answering all these questions can help you choose between a fuel-efficient sedan or a powerhouse truck, you can also take our Personalized Experience assessment to help you weigh your options.
What you plan to use your Nissan for can help you choose the perfect ride. Below, we list a few example activities and which vehicle could suit your needs best.
• Truck: If you love camping, need to haul items around your ranch, or own a lawn care business, a truck’s capabilities will greatly benefit your endeavors.
• Sedan: If you’re a work-during-the-week-but-party-on-the-weekend kind of person, the flexibility and savvy technology of a sedan can keep the party going all week long.
• SUV/Crossover: If you love bargain hunting for large home décor pieces, need to help move your baby sister into her first apartment, or want to spend some time on bumpy terrain, an SUV or crossover offers a spacious cabin and rugged capability.
• Electric cars: Do you enjoy long-distance road trips or have a long stretch behind the wheel to get to work? An electric car’s fuel-efficient performance will keep you all smiles for miles.
If you’ve fallen in love with a certain vehicle, your next step is to get the financial ball rolling. You can purchase your car in a few ways—pay cash, finance, or lease.
Once you sign off on a financial plan that you’re comfortable with, you will take out a loan that will pay for the entire cost. Every month thereafter, you’ll begin paying it back. Purchasing your vehicle has many benefits, as well, like:
• Full ownership of the vehicle
• No mileage limits
• You can build equity in the vehicle
• You’re free to customize it
Leasing a Nissan can be your best option if you don’t want to settle for just one vehicle for the years to come. You’ll most likely pay a small down payment, and then have monthly payments during the leasing period. When your lease is up, you can choose to return the ride, extend your lease, or buy it.
Some pros of leasing include:
• Generally lower down payment
• Factory warranty coverage
• Ability to upgrade to a newer car sooner
• Exchanging vehicles more often can give you a varied driving experience
After reading our Vehicle Buyer’s Guide, are you ready to get behind the wheel of your favorite model? Stop by San Leandro Nissan near San Leandro, Oakland, and Alameda, California, today.